Friday, September 5, 2008

Pleasing days


This summer I did many things. My children were out of school and I needed to find something fun to do with them. Fortunately, my husband's family came from Mexico and we spent all our time together.

Every afternoon we went to my sister- in -law's house because my mother-in-law, nieces and nephews were here. These were the hottest days and we spent most of the time outside sitting at the picnic tables. That was good because we could have conversations and remember anecdotes about our families, and take advantage of the grill. We ate barbecue, fresh fish, ceviche and fresh chicken. That was good because we could make great memories.

One day we went to the Helen Hunt Falls. We walked up and took pictures. That was a hot day too, and my son, nieces and nephews took advantage of the coldest waterfall. That was a fun moment for them.

After that, we went up the route and crossed two dark and humid caves, it was "scary" moment, we screamed a little and my husband and brothers-in-law blew the horn to his cars. This was a grand day. Unfortunately, the summer came to an end and they returned to Mexico, but I remembered the times we shared together.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always wonderful to have the family arond. I have never been to Helen Hunt Falls, but the way you have decribed it sounds like a beautiful place.