Friday, September 26, 2008

The Magic Grandmother's House


My favorite place when I was 7-9 years-old was my grandmother's Ana Maria house.

Consequently most of the family (uncles and cousins) to reunite in weekends for to share and past a good day.

The kids played together, they ran around the house, climbed the trees, swung in the hammock of my grandfather or played in the canalito that crossed the house.

I loved to play in the canalito because I made boats of paper and floated them on the water or my sister and I cut some flowers that grow beside the canalito.

One of many reason we visit to my grand mom was she made a delicious bread and empanadas and she usually made this on Saturdays.

My mom and aunts helped her to make the bread and my dad, grandfather and uncles sat in shadow of a enormous tree to converse.

In the afternoon when the bread was ready, we all ate and enjoyed with my grandmother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was younger my family would do some what the same thing we would all gather at my grandmother and grandfathers house every sunday just have a great time. The way you describe your grandmothers bread makes me hungry. It sounds so good. I loved your story.

Anonymous said...

When I read you story I can to return to those times in our lives and I can remember the smell and flavor of our grandma's bread. It's delicious.

Anonymous said...

You have some fantastic word choices in this story, Araceli! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Araceli I like your story! My grandmother was the same. She was so sweet as yours. I miss her so bad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aracely. Your story return me back to the past. That make me remember to my great aunt. She made that kind of bread that you described. Also a delicious fresh cheese. I remembered that, and I was only six years old.