Friday, September 5, 2008

Campfire

This summer break was the most busy of the other years. I hope my two children enjoyed it, as I did.

My best part of everything we did was the Campfire where we went one night to the Fountain Creek Park. It was exciting, scary, and funny. The children were excited and happy taking a walk through all the park, trying to find all kind of animals or watching different things.

The Translator told us a lot of histories about the park, the creek, the ancestors of Colorado, and part of their lives.

We were about seven families with one to two children each, and we stayed only for few hours there.

As the night got dark, we made a fire. We made s'mores burning marshmallows. The children lay down on the ground trying to look for owls and bats.

After that I was so glad to get back home because I was so nervous of the dark and the animals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that was a good story i used to go camping with my brothers and my Uncle. It was only to get away from his wife and my mom a boys night out. I like this story just brings back memories.

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute story. I think your children had a wonderful time. I have not been camping since I was about maybe 7 or 8 years old. I don't think that I could do it now that I am older. I am very scared of the dark... LOL
I loved your story. It had very good details.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful experience that you gave to your children.... they will probably remember it forever.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY LIKED GOING CAMPING AT THE FOUNTAIN CREEK PARK. I ENJOYED THE STORIES THE TRANSLATOR WAS TELLING US. IT WAS A LITTLE SCARY WHEN IT STARTED TURNING DARK, BUT I STIL LIKED THE HIKE. IT WAS VERY FUN, AND WE LEARNED NEW THINGS. I REALLY ENJOYED THE S'MORES, BUT THEY WERE KIND OF MESSY, THOUGH. I REALLY LIKED THAT DAY, AND I WON'T FORGET IT.