Friday, September 5, 2008

BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND





This large weekend was soo funny because my family came from Houston, TX.

They are my cousin Pepe, his wife Sonia, and his children Pepe and Jennifer, my favorite cousin Adriana and her husband George. I haven't seen them for over 5 years. I was very, very, very happy, because my cousin will be celebrating her birthday with me.

They arrived to Colorado Springs on Saturday morning. In the afternoon we went to Seven Falls. When we were in the line for paying, it started to rain and we went back to the town. We decided to visit The Prospect Lake. My cousin Pepe was very fascinated with the weather of Colorado Springs because it is different from Houston. Here it's chilly and the weather in Houston is humid. When we were in the lake it started to rain again, and we went back home. In the night we visited the show of the balloons in Memorial Park. I took some pictures, but in a moment I was lost from the rest of my family for about 30 mins. I felt scared, and they were in the car.

Finally on Sunday we went to Seven Falls. They were surprised with the nature, the mountains, and going up in the elevator. We gave some food to the squirrels and saw the native dancers.

We made a picnic outside my apartment, including my husband's family, and a cake to celebrate my cousin's birthday. They didn't know if they would be going back to Houston on Sunday because probably they will be evacuated from Houston for the Hurricane Gustav. My cousin made a few calls to ask somebody what happened with the Hurricane, and in the afternoon they went back to Houston, TX.

I'm soo sad, but maybe we'll go to Houston in December.

10 comments:

Writers of the Future said...

very good and your family must miss you

Writers of the Future said...

vary good story your family got home safe right

unity said...

Your story was very intresting and I enjoyed it very much to know that. You can have fun here in Colorado. Cause I'm not from around here I from Texas and I love it here but, right now I'm in school medical assistance and here so i don't get around much but I really liked your story...

Anonymous said...

ofelia seems you enjoyed the weekend very much. don't worry I kind of got lost myself in the park Monday morning. I was recording the ballons with my camera and when I look they were gone, they were just laughing at me, at the expression on my face.

Anonymous said...

Ofelia you have the same ballons picture as me and that night I lost my camera

Anonymous said...

OFELIA. Beautiful picture.

Writers of the Future said...

Many things past in you summer Ofelia but the most important was you can have a pleasant moments.

Anonymous said...

I lived in Houston almost four years. From 1996 to 2000 and I know the weather is very different. Here in Colorado We have amazing climate and gorgeous mountains.

Anonymous said...

I lived in Houston almost four years. From 1996 to 2000 and I know the weather is very different. Here in Colorado We have amazing climate and gorgeous mountains.

Anonymous said...

hey cousin... im here reading your stories... i really enjoyed them...
it`s been about 6 or more years we don`t see each other, i hope i can go overther and visit you as my brohter and sister did...
say hi to my aunt and little cousin ok?
hugs and kisses!!