Friday, September 12, 2008

A family day off


September 1st. was a day off for my whole family. We decided to enjoy the day together. My husband Fabian who loves fishing, prepared everything to go fishing at Woodland Park. This city has a beautiful lake.

My son Fabian who is nineteen year old, my daughter Alejandra who is eighteen years old, my husband and myself arrived at Woodland Park, but on the way there, someone made a comment about Cripple Creek and everybody decided to go to this city instead of fishing because my daughter and son had never visited Cripple Creek before.
We stopped at a beautiful restaurant inside the city. After, we decided to visit the museum located at the entrance of Cripple Creek.

The museum had a lot of history about the mines, the community and the technology from the l880's, 90's.

In the 3rd. floor of the museum they had arranged a regular home from the
l800's with maniquies wearing old clothes from these times, old furnitures, etc.

In the 2nd. floor we had a chance to see the technology about the older telephone, telegraph, printer machine, floor plans of the mines that were located under the earth, and also the newspaper from these times.

At the end of the day we drove to the city and then returned to our house. Then we prepared to go to help my sister start packing and moving all of her things, (furnitures, boxes,etc.)in to a uhaul truck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olga some times it is good to have time with our family. Especially in this time. However, we have to enjoy every moment in our life.