Friday, September 26, 2008

Favorite Place


Bone crushing, smell of the green cut grass, and getting hit in the cold. Wearing at least 25 pounds of heavy equipment, the sreaming of the fans, and the howling of the coaches.

I was young at least eight of age playing football to get away from my brothers and sister, even my mom and dad. Seven and three was my first winning season.


My favorite place was to walk 1 to 5 miles to Memorial Park though the dead plants, bees flying around, and sun blazing in the sky, dog chasing me out of his terrtory, and doing this while wearing all of my equipment. My favorite place is playing football. Sweating, in pain, and tired, but walking back home joyful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you wrote about football. I know how much you love playing the game and what it means to you. I hope you would just take my advice and just join a team for the season, but once again that is up to you. I am very proud to be your wife. You are very smart and I hope you know that. This was a wonderful story.

Anonymous said...

You have got some fantastic word choices and imagery in this story!

Anonymous said...

I don't know too much about football, but I think it's a great sport. This is not common in Mexico. I'd like to go to a game someday.

Anonymous said...

I like how you wrote about football! its one of my favorite sports. your story was very good and i like how you used good details!