Friday, September 12, 2008

Our Special Day


I am not much of a storyteller, but I will try my best. March 22, 2007. I made the biggest decision of my life. That was the day my husband and I decided to get married .

We had no family members around, it was just us. That day my husband and I were at home. At the time we already planned to get married, but we had family members that disagreed with our decision. So, we got married alone.

That morning we didn't know that we would have ended up husband and wife by the end of the night. To me it seemed like the longest day ever.

We were laying in bed and out of no where I said to him, "Let's do it!" He said, "Do what?" I said, "Get married!" and being my husband (the person that likes to think things through), he asked me , "Are you sure?" and I said, "Yes!"

We've gone to Centennial Hall several times. We've answered the questions, raised our right hands, and paid the lady 10 dollars , but we never actually went through with it. That day was different. As we were walking into the building I looked at him and said, "This is it. Are you sure you are ready?" He said, " I have never been more ready in my life." Right then I knew this was right.

We sat down and for the third time we answered the questions and raised our right hands. Then the lady asked me, "Will you be changing your last name?" With no hesitation and big smile I said, "Yes!" After we were done she gave us the paper and said, " After you get this signed you can either sent it in or bring it back."

At the time one of my co-workers was a registered minister. So, I gave her a call and asked if she would mind signing the paper and she agreed. The next day we brought the paper back and the same lady was there and she said, " That was fast."

Up till this day I still remember everything, that was our special day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you say you're "not much of a storyteller", but you just proved yourself wrong here. In this story, I could feel the same things you were feeling at that moment. My favorite parts were the quotes of your husband. Great story!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

this brings back good memories. I love this Story. i love you good job babe

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie I know how you feel at that moment, but you know what the most important part were you and your husband.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your marriage, and for your history. It is very cute. I never been married the way you did, but I can feel the wonderful that this could be.

Anonymous said...

Yea that was a big decition you took.Me two me and my housband went to city hall and ask and out of the no were we just got married there, he had just came out of work so he was still in his working clothes when we just decided to get married. My daughter was our witness. congratulations.

Anonymous said...

MELANIE, CONGRATULATIONS FOR TE BEST DECISION OF YOUR LIFE.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your story. That was so cute how you and your husband up and got married. You look very happy with him, and if you know he is the one for you, you should let what other people (including family ) get in the way of you being happy.

Anonymous said...

I THINK THAT YOU GUYS ARE REALLY CUTE AND GLAD TO SEE YOU BOTH HAPPY

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATION!! Is a very important decision that you make,when it comes to this kinds of things.I Did also got married very young it was a totally different situation,but i know it gets hard.Enjoy yourself guy and never forget the love the put you guys together

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATION!! Is a very important decision that you make,when it comes to this kinds of things.I Did also got married very young it was a totally different situation,but i know it gets hard.Enjoy yourself guy and never forget the love the put you guys together

Anonymous said...

Hi, Melanie! I just wanted to say congratulations to you and your new husband. i eel the same way.my kids father and I are engaged and I'm scared, but very happy!the best thing you can have is someone by your side to support and respect the decisions you make in your life. The important thing is that you and your husband are happy!! I wish you two the best of luck!!