Friday, November 21, 2008

Guns.

When I was fifteen years old. My cousin Chuy and I were playing in the plaza. He told me,¨ Lorena let´s go to the lake. I have my Dad´s gun.¨ Immediately we went to the lake and tried to kill a duck with the gun 48. I remember that it was beautiful and heavy. We were excited because it was a new experience for me, but when my uncle Jose found out, He was very angry because it is dangerous. The most important thing is that we never had an accident. We only did it for fun. I´m sad because my cousin Chuy died on October 14, 2006 in Pennsylvania somebody killed him. He lost his life with a gun shot. I always remember him in the moments I have spent with him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorena, this is a great story, I'm sorry for your cousin, and you leave a message for all the people the guns are soo dangerous, we have to be careful with our childs.

Anonymous said...

lorena the live continue your history is good but i have to tell you sorry about your cousin is good to remember the past because you have good times and memories whith your cousin. i know you,and i think your causin see you all the time somewere and he whants you too smile always this is my coment god bless you

Anonymous said...

This was a very powerful story! Thank you for sharing it with us. Yes, guns can be used responsibly and can be fun, but they can also be deadly. I think ALL people who have guns and children should make sure that they are locked up safely.

Anonymous said...

Lorena I like your writing it is very good, sorry to hear about your cousin. Keep up the good work!

Liz Cepeda said...

my husband is from chicago and he lost alot of his friends from a gun, now he is in the army. but i always talk or keep his friends in his mind and heart, so is like they not gone.

Anonymous said...

It is surprising how when we were children we did things without
knowing how dangerous these are, but I think that is the magic of being a child.

Anonymous said...

Iam very sorry for ur lost i had the same thing happen to my best friend johnny O. He got his life taken from a gun thats why i would never use a gun or ever want one by me.