Friday, February 5, 2010

What 's Happening to My Town?



Cd Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

I grew up in a small town name Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico. When I was little we always played outside. All the people sat on the porch until midnight; sometimes we played music and danced outside my house almost every weekend. My friend's mom SeƱora Chole cooked outside and made good food to sell like (gorditas, enchiladas and tacos.)

Cd Juarez, Mx is across the border from El Paso, TX. Always my town was so quiet and a safe place to live. The streets were full of the same people that I know. It was so fun when we got all together and played football, soccer, and played music. Sometimes we threw parties at different friends houses. That was a good time. I wish that can happen at this time, but now is completely different. I know that now there is a lot of criminals. Now you can not sit outside your house because there are a lot of bad people and they came to rob you, or they attract you, or even kill you. Even in the morning they don't care.

Sometimes 10 to 20 people have been killed per day. I think is because there are lot of people from different countries or from South America. And it's a lot of drug dealers that they killed people just to have fun. Sometimes I didn't want to go there to visit my family because I'm afraid that criminals rob us or even do something bad to my family.

I wish the Mexican government can do something good for my country and take all the bad people and put them in prison. I wish Cd Juarez Chihuahua, Mx. could be a nice place to live, just like when I was young. That way all the people can be happy and safe.

6 comments:

Elena said...

I felt so sad about your story, but the good thing is that you and your family are living in a safe and better place.

Anonymous said...

I'm agree with all that you say,but is not only in your state if not in all mexican states.I live in Durango and it's the same thing that's happening too.I hope one day comes peace again.

aida said...

First of all Mexico is a beautiful
country; I hope some day everything
change for better I really do with
all my heart.

Viva Mexico

Anonymous said...

That is all true, unfortunately that's happenings all around no just in your town.

Beth said...

Maria,
Do you have any ideas about what could change the situation in Juarez? Have you written the Mexican government with your ideas? I am so sad to hear about all the violence there.

Esther said...

I am totally agree with your history because i am from the same state the only different is my city is Delicias, Chihuahua, Mex.