Friday, October 24, 2008

The Turning Point

It was February 9,2008. I'd just walked in the house, coming home from sleeping over at a friend's house. As usually I was up stairs in my room picking out clothes to wear for the day. "Rie Rie, Cam is here!", my aunt yelled. As I was walking down the stairs to greet him, he turned to face me. Looking into his glossy dark brown eyes, I knew something was wrong.

As I rested his head on my shoulder, "D Mitch is gone!" Cam said. He passed away this morning. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Now tears were running down my cheeks. "What happened? I just talked to the two of you last night". Cam started telling me at the party they attended last night some guys started running off at the mouth. D Mitch tried to defend himself. Next thing noticed gun shots started to pop off. D Mitch and Samoan had gotten hit. Neither one of them made it.

After finishing up telling me what had happened, Cam went driving around to catch some air. For a second I couldn't move. I just stood there in complete shock. I couldn't believe what had happened. D Mitch was one of the most warm hearted people I've ever known. He always knew how to light up a whole room with his beautiful smile. And now he's gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are a terrific story teller. I'm so sorry about your friend.......

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear what happened to your friend, it is sad that some people have no heart and could do something like that.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that your friend died that happened to one of mine cousins but different he crash at 120 miles to a wall and he died horrible.

Anonymous said...

i know how hard it is to lose somebody you care about

Manny said...

Sorry to hear what happened,but you know,i bet you anything that your friend is looking over you.do you know the saying bad things happen the good people? It is not fair right? i feel your pain and know what you are going through, my friend Zac died in 2005 in a motorcicle accident.