Friday, October 10, 2008

Giving Birth To My Son

Well I'm not much of a story teller, but I will try my best. When I was 16 years old I found out that I would be a mother real soon. Being so young and scared out of my mind, I thought I would keep it to myself. So that's just what I did. I was so scared and alone. I never went to the hospital, so I really didn't know when it would be time to bring my child into the world.

It was November 6th of 2004. I was home with my little brother and father. I didn't know what was going on, I just knew I had this really bad headache. I told my dad, but he wouldn't give me a pain reliever because I haven't ate anything. Next thing I noticed I was in the bathroom every 2 minutes. My water had broken. I didn't know because I kept using the bathroom. The last time I was in the bathroom I felt my son's head. " Oh my god!" I yelled out.

I quickly pulled up my pants and ran to my room. I laid on my fat boys chair and called my dad. "Dad come here now!" "It's coming", I said. My dad looked at me crazy. "Whats going on?", he said. "The baby", I said. My dad ran to his cell phone and called my grandparents, who lived 2 blocks down. Before I knew it I gave birth to my son in my bedroom.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thats is crazy

Anonymous said...

Oh my god you must have been really scared. One thing I allways wanted was to have my baby at home two, but somebody being there with me who new like getting things ready. But you oh my god that was crazy well thank god everything worked out fine.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That gave me chills. I don't know what I would do if I were in the same situation. I am still speechless. I don't even know what to say. I hope everything went well. I am very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's amazing!!! Do you went to the hospital after you had your baby?

Anonymous said...

You said, "I'm not much of a story teller", but THAT was a great story you just told! I think there are many other girls who could relate to it, and you can share your experiences with them and maybe make them feel less scared and alone. I know it hasn't been easy, but you seem like a great mom to me!

Writers of the Future said...

Hey Ofelia, to answer your question... yes i went to the hospital shortly after I had my baby. His name is La'Vontee and he is doing great.

Anonymous said...

wow that is crazy!!!
I can't belive that, it is not so common. I hope everything is ok because you know babies are so sensitive. Also now you know if you get pregnant again you need to go to the doctor for a checkup in order to be ready in that case.

Anonymous said...

This was a scary and harder moment for you Cherieka, but could have your baby and that is the most important. Thankyou for share that moment with us.

Anonymous said...

Wow your story is great!Having a baby is amazing, but the way you did it is more complicated. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty crazy story u told there, so the baby was kinda born in the bathroom, if you felt his head when you went to the bathroom.It was a good thing he didn't slip right into the toilet, lol, but that's a crazy story!!

Anonymous said...

thats amazing hat you had your baby at home! It would be neat but very scary! I'm very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

OH! that was an amazing story that happen to you,but I hope with the next baby you get more information about the pregnancy and go to the hospital,its the better!.