Friday, January 9, 2009

Black Friday

Ta,rararara,ra rang the alarm clock at 3:30 a.m. on Friday the 28Th. I had decided to wake up earlier in the dawn. It was a snowy morning but the past night, " Thanksgiving day", I was having a discussion with my sister Aracely. We would go to the stores to take advantage of the offers that some shopping centers were giving to increase their sales. All was going well. I picked up my sister at her house, And we were ready to go shopping but suddenly, " Oh my God!" the brakes wouldn't respond. The road was frozen. That was a horrific moment for us, (for me because I was driving), but we continued. We took Powers Blvd. because I thought it was a crowded street and it would stay clean of ice, but suddenly we were in trouble again. The truck seemed to stay in an ice trail. " God, God!" I said. " I need your help to control the truck!". Maybe God listened to my pleas because we could continue.
Finally we arrived at our destination: Kohl's store, but when we were inside I commented to my sister Aracely: " I'm here, but maybe I can't see or find anything. I'm nervous and scared still".
Later we were shopping, but when we were ready to pay " Oh, oh!" the lines was around the store, and we needed to wait for almost 90 minutes. " Patience, patience", I said. Finally we finished and left Khol's. After that we decided to go to the Citadel Mall to continue our shopping.
When we arrived we expected another full place, but to our surprise, there were not too many people there, and we walked to the stores in tranquility. Our shopping took around two more hours, and after that we were bored and tired, so we decided to go back to our houses. We arrived at my house around 12:30.
It was a stressful black Friday! .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UR story reminds me of the day i got into a car crash on airport road "God" was i scared I thought i would never see my family again and thats a relly scary thought...
It went by so fast none of us could really react... All i kept doing saying over and over again we will make it and i will be back home with my family and be warm and safe.... After the cops arrived and checked us all out in the end we were fine and we all got to go home but i will never forget the day my life flashed before...

Anonymous said...

i hate awaking up all early after thanksgiving espeically at 4 in the morning