Friday, January 23, 2009

A SHORT VACATION





On December 26, 2008. We went to California. We had to go because my daughter Lorenita needed her passport and her Dad lives there.
We left Colorado at 11:30 am. In just five hours, with in our trip it started to snow. The road was dangerous. My husband drove only 35 m/h. because the road was white. We could only see the tire tracks of the other cars. The traffic was moving slowly.
My children and I were scared and excited. Scared because it was the first time we saw the snow like that specially driving on along trip, but excited because we were going to see my brothers, sister, niece, and nephews. They live Indio, Cal.
After approximately 2 hrs the road was better. It took us 20 hrs from Colorado to Indio, Cal. We arrived at my sister's house at 6:00 am. on Saturday. We immediately rested 4 hrs.
After that we went to meet Lorenita's brother and sister and two hrs later returned at my sister's house. The next day early in the morning. We went to a little farm We saw cows,chickens, ducks, goats, turkeys, donkey,mules, peacocks, a road, a horse, and a pony.
The next day we went to get Lorenita's passport. Later we going to shopping at a Mall.
On December 31, we went to my brother's house to celebrate new years. The next day my daughter went with my brother and her cousin to Glamis. They rode the dune buggy. My husband and kids went to a party at the little farm. We ate grilled beef, we also danced.
On Friday we arrived at Colorado 12:00 pm. The road was very dangerous, but the important thing was that family and I had fun on our short vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we found a way to get those photos from your phone onto your blog post. Isn't technology amazing?

Great story!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved that short vacation mom it was very fun and scary all at the same time.