Friday, February 5, 2010

Cutless Supreme


I am proud of my cars. I am proud of my cars because I have taken time to build them. I think I would have to say I'm most proud of my first car. It was a '78 Cutless Supreme. I bought it when I was 16 years old.

That summer I was working part time at Stratton Meadows Elementary, a school near my house. I was with my dad when I first saw her(my Cutless). I told him to stop so I can check it out. My dad told me that it wasn't worth what they wanted for it.

We went home, and I was thinking about that car all night. The next day I pulled all of my money out of my bank and walked where the car was. I knocked on the door and asked if I could talk to the owner of the Cutless. The owner came out side and asked, "do you want to take a look at it?" I looked at it from top to bottom. I asked him, "would you go any lower on the price? it needs body work ,a new battery, and so one." He said that he had to much invested into it. Then I asked, "does it run good?" He said, "it needs a lot of work." I showed him the money I had and told him to give me a break it would be my first car.

After a couple days he called me back, and said come get it. so that day I asked my dad if I could get it. Even though my parents were a little upset, my dad still helped me bring my car home.

Every time I had spare time I would work on my car, and try to fix it. I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I invested in a brand new motor. When I was close to my goal, I started to take out the old Oldsmobile motor. I pulled the old motor by myself with in a day.I started to clean the engine compartment and paint where the old engine was. By the time I was finished, my new motor arrived. The next day my uncle took me to the auto store to buy the last parts I needed, and that day my uncle and me dropped a brand new Chevy engine in my old Cutless.

After that it didn't give me any problems. So as a couple weeks passed I had the money to buy a system for her. All I really needed was a paint job. I was saving money when a good friend asked if I was interested in buying his 1973 Buick. I told him, I am really interested , but I have to sell my car first. He told me that he would give me his car and some money for my car. I told him we had a deal so he came to pick it up and it didn't want to start.

I told my friend this is the first time it hasn't started. He thought it was funny because she didn't want to go. The next day he came back and I still couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car. He told me he needs a car really bad so I ended up selling my Cutless to my brother in law for a cheap price because it wasn't running.I gave the money to my friend so he could find another car. I was sad at first. I put so much work into my car and sold it so fast and cheap. I had gotten my dream car so it made up for selling my first car.

Now I am back to square one, but I am proud of the '78 cutless that I built.

3 comments:

aida said...

You have skills that's good
keep going with your dreams
and be happy.

sue said...

I admire so much the patience and hard work and knowledge it takes to work on cars!
Great story, Michael!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.